Tuesday 4 December 2018

#422 'Christmas Lights, Irving St, London' 30x30cm



On Saturday I took part in The Royal Institute of Oil Painters (ROI) Paint Live day. 60 artists met up in the Mall Galleries to have a paint off in London - 1/2 mile radius of the galleries in central London. 
It was raining and grey but I decided to embrace this! I took 2 umbrellas incase it was gusty and one broke one!
Not easy as it was a Saturday and run up to Christmas shopping, so busy could barely see my subject! Loved the reflections and lights, it makes up for the grey day! 
It was my first time taking part and I found it quite nerve wracking as the paintings were judged at the end of that day in the Mall Galleries. I am pleased I did a painting I'm happy with and didn't mind showing to others!
I will do it again next year :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment