Sunday 4 September 2016

#121 'Race Day, Frensham Pond' 7x9.5"


I've had a few days break form painting. But still really busy lesson planning for start of teaching next week, we are doing some landscape painting which will be fun to teach. Also framing work ready for 3 exhibitions coming up. One locally with Haslemere Art Society and the other 2 submitting work into London exhibitions to hopefully get selected. I'm trying the Royal Institute of Oil Painters and the Discerning Eye Exhibition at the Mall Galleries. I will let you know how it goes, all things crossed! I have heard from one of them and will post results tomorrow!

I fancied painting the boats of Frensham Pond I looked up when they had they were racing this morning. I set up near the slipway and met some really friendly sailors. 
They only went around the yellow buoys 3 or 4 times, I had to be quick in getting the yachts in. I painted the dark green foliage first so the sails would show up.
I really enjoyed the challenge of capturing a moving subject. Great place too, I may join the club so I can paint there more often, they kindly let me today as a guest.


4 comments:

  1. A delightfully English summery painting without bright sun and blue sky! Lots of wonderful detail .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything crossed for you here, Clare. Love the dark greens behind yet he sails, interesting as always to hear about your thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah don't you love predictive text, that should of course read behind the sails :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to be sitting on the bench, watching the boats sail by. Lovely and calm. Yet again you've got the reflection spot on.

    ReplyDelete