Monday 19 February 2018

#303 'Woolacombe Beach' 8x14"


Quite often when I'm painting I would look around the in the other direction and there is another painting to be had! I saw this sky when was I painting the previous post - 'Morning Shadows, Barricane Beach'.

Some paintings are real struggle but this one did itself.
Making the spit of land (Baggy Point) a small scale helped to make the expanse look big. Also putting the little people in - spot the walking surfer!
The foreground rocks were in a straight line which didn't work for the composition - too many horizontals, so I broke the shape up but still showed they were there and making it the darkest tone.

1 comment:

  1. This has to be my favourite, although I greatly admired Barricane beach with the rocks and shadows, this painting with the clouds and the surf looking towards Putsborough beach and Baggy Point ticks all the boxes for me.

    ReplyDelete