Friday 7 September 2018

#369 'Afternoon Light, Maria Della Salute' 8x10"


I am finding it difficult to keep up this blog and do the intensive painting! As some times I'm managing to do 4 paintings in a day.

So I will still keep posting but write less as the writing part takes so long to do! Better that than not posting at all....

Monet & the famous Ken Howard paint this view.  Not an easy subject and I wanted it loose, brushy and rich colours..... 

I painted with the artist Julia Hawkins always good to see how someone else tackles it!

Julia & my easel, what a setting!

1 comment:

  1. The same scene, slightly different inclusion of foreground and from a different angle. Each painting of this scene so far has produced such colour, light and interest and this one is of the same veracity.

    ReplyDelete