Monday 10 September 2018

#374 'Morning Light, San Giorgio Maggiore' 8x10"


I took a risk and included the foreground wooden structure, I wasn't sure whether it would work until I had done it. 
Using a limited colour palette of warm and cools and limited tones too.

Bringing colour sin from the sky and the building into the water also allowing the brush marks to be visible.
I put in the sparkles on the sea quite quickly as they disappear out of view. Also how the light effects the buildings where it hits and if they are very silhouetted.
Making sure the closest structure was darkest in tone.
Remnant sparkles on the bottom right corner.

2 comments:

  1. I think the inclusion of the wooden foreground was a correct decision. The blue and yellow tones are exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ebbybow, pleased you agree, I'm happy with it!

      Delete