Tuesday 22 August 2017

#219 'Palms, Villa Joyosa' 9x11"


This was a tough painting! I started in the shade of the palms but as the sun rose I was exposed! Very hot and bright even my phone over heated and temporarily wouldn't work!

The composition was tricky as there were a lot of palms all in lines, I moved my body to try and make it work. But it was still very dominated with trees. I liked the sparkle on the sea and strip of beach activity.
Back at the house I scrubbed out two palms with some trepidation not knowing if it would leave a ghost behind but thankfully it looks better and with no ghost! 

I spent most of the day on this painting, I am pleased with the end result, some paintings are out of your comfort and a learning piece this was!

Last paintnig of Spain, back to sunny Surrey....

2 comments:

  1. An interesting view you have chosen, through the trees to the sea. Maybe the title simply should be 'Five Palms' as not much shade!
    I like what you have achieved painting it contre-jour., the people , umbrellas and sparkling sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ebbybow, thanks for your comment, I have simplified the shade and there was much more there! But I think your right the title doesn't quite work for the painting...I'm going to change it :-) Clare

      Delete