Sunday 20 August 2017

#217 'Villa Josoya' 8x10"


Wonderful coloured houses in this Spanish town. I was in a shady square with friendly locals.
When I was scouting the town for a painting, I looked for light and shade patterns, not so much about the subject. The light and shade fell nicely on this building and I liked the strong blue.
I had to be quick as by the time I got to paint the shade had nearly all gone. I painted the bottom half of the house first to make sure I got it!

Usually I like subjects depicting more space than this, but this painting is more about light and colour :-)

A Spanish chap came out of his house and over to me, he was very pleased I was painting his house! He took photos of me and the painting for the residents Face Book page.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely sunny picture, I like the stepladder and the blinds, very evocative of a Spanish village.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I cant open it further because you blogged it away from home. I love the detail on the balconies (wanted a closer look!) and glad you kept some of the telegraph lines in. Such a contrast to the house next door but good for the painting.

    ReplyDelete