Tuesday 31 October 2017

#250 'Fishing Boats, Beer' 8x10"


An enjoyable afternoon painting with some local artists from friends and instagram buddies from the Devon area. 
The light wasn't great flat and dull but choosing a colourful and interesting shapes to paint helps when there is no light to feature.
Spent quite a bit of time getting the composition right, decided to chop the last one in half. I also put in the pontoon on wheels but it was too long and made the composition unbalanced so took it out. I added an upright instead - the person which helped. 
Kept the brushwork quite loose and free not wanting to be too exact. Also matching the style of the loose sky to the boats.

Happy to say this painting is my 100th of this year :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Not sure about this one. I feel you struggled with the composition. I like the looseness of the paint brush; in fact all the elements are superbly painted but together are slightly out of kilter.

    ReplyDelete