Monday 5 March 2018

#306 'Snow falling on Bramshott Common' 10x10"


I started this by at 8am because I knew the heavy snowfall was due. I have painted this scene before back in 2016 when there was a light dusting and the path still visible. 

The shape of the foreground tree I emphasised with light and dark contrasts, as I liked the shape. Also the path making an 'S' shape into the picture. The line of trees at the back I simplified but I may still re work them. 
Not many colours, quite a tonal painting. The snow I applied the paint thick & juicy especially as it wasn't sticking very well to the board due to the cold atmosphere and snowy conditions. It started to really snow by the end of the panting so I decided to include a few flutters of flakes.
This is half was through...

No comments:

Post a Comment