Saturday 4 February 2017

#160 'Newlands Corner' 8x20"


I started this last weekend. But when I got back to the studio I found I couldn't finish because I didn't have enough information, it was the fist time I had visited and it was misty with the sunrise. 

So I went back and did two drawings of the subject. I must haven chosen the coldest day of the year to do it! With wind chill -7 so bitter my teeth were chattering and I couldn't draw for shaking! But I was able to finsih it today, and I'm pleased with the outcome :-)

I met some friendly photographers when I was painting that day, one of whom, Sarah took some lovely photos while I was painting, here are a couple of them.





1 comment:

  1. Sunrise made all the difference to this painting, it adds excitement to the landscape and you have caught the colours beautifully. I don't know how you do it in freezing early morning temperatures but it is worth it to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete