Wednesday 7 March 2018

#308 'Sunset over The South Downs' 10x12"




A painting I'd started just as the snowy weather arrived. It was so bitter exposed on the top of the South Downs, but a stunning sunset. I had been painting another but stopped and started this one, which turned out better as the colours are stronger and I honed in to the bit of the hill and sky I liked previous one I tired to put too much of the view in it!

This is where I got to outside (see pic below), the sun quickly disappeared below the horizon which of course changed it so I stopped.
Completed yesterday in my studio.

3 comments:

  1. Much as I like and admire your snow paintings, it is so lovely to see vivid fiery colours in the sunset. You are so good at skies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat! It was fun to use strong colours, I'll have to do more and skies are one of my favourite things to paint, glad you like it :-)

      Delete
  2. full of vitality and vigour. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete