Thursday 26 April 2018

#327 'Slipper Mill Pond' 8x10"


I drove past this scene and thought it looked good but still went to 3 other places first thinking I could find better! I had seen this subject in the winter and thought it had promise, but its even better now with the spring foliage. 

Getting a good composition meant I was standing on the side of the road right next to the water. The swans kept looking up at me thinking of was going to feed them especially when I was bending down to pick up a paint brush - not bread!

I like the little house in the distance gives it scale and looking through the negative space between the foreground tree and house.
Tricky weather, April showers - heavy ones, had me rushing for cover, wish I had brought my brolly. 
Will return to do a bigger painting here....

1 comment:

  1. I like this scene very much and your painting of it is very accomplished. You have painted in the ‘one way’ sign which like the sign in a previous painting, I would have preferred it not included. I realise that it is personal preference entirely.

    ReplyDelete