Thursday 16 March 2017

#166 'Frensham Great Pond' 12x12"


I have been itching to do some painting especially outside. It was a beautiful day yesterday and so lovely to be by the water and painting again, I even had to take my coat off it was warm!

Initially I was disappointed with the view, but when I looked into the sun - Contra Jour it came alive- the water with big ripples and reflections, the reed head light against the darker trees, and the light sparkling on the water, yay! Enjoyed painting it. 
It's a similar view to painting no.164 Sunset Frensham Pond but with a different emphasis.

With 3 main colours red-violet, a dusty blue and a mustard yellow, all mixed together to make nuances of the colours.
It was a peaceful area appart from the Moore Hens and Cootes in the reeds and then honking right next to me and making me jump! Great to be out.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Clare. You obviously was very glad to be out doing what you love to do - and it shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light is wonderful, contrasting the feathery rushes with the sparkling ripples on the water and the dark background, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete