Saturday 13 August 2016

#107 'Arnarstapi Cliffs, Iceland' 20x30cm


The elements were against us today, still on the Western Peninsular we found this spot and within 10 minutes of painting the rain and mist came in, felt a bit like Cornwall! It was tricky as my view partly disappeared! And the rain was blowing in my face and eyes. My palette and board had a wet film on it, I kept wiping for dryer patches but it felt hard core! Thankfully after 45 mins the rain and mist cleared :-)
I liked the arch and waves crashing around the rocks. I heightened the colours as it was very monotone.
I enjoyed the day, even with the hardships. We are going whale watching tomorrow let hope we see some!



6 comments:

  1. This painting is gorgeous. Specifically the sea in the fore and middle grounds. It does have a Cornish feel to it. Amazing that it is as good as it is what with the problems of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot start to understand how you can continue to paint in the wind and rain?! It is simply excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both your Icelandic paintings, but this is my favourite so far. You have captured the drama of the scenery with your brushstrokes and colour choices, worth braving the elements for. I hope you both enjoy your holiday despite the weather, look forward to seeing more of your adventures immortalised in paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the drama and wild coastline and weather (from the comfort of my warm dry home!). You'll remember so many of these elements when you look at your Iceland paintings won't you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love this one Clare, it is very atmospheric and dramatic, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ebbybow, Samantha, Pat, Caroline & Helen... such lovely words from you all, its great to have your comments while I'm here and doing it! Clare

    ReplyDelete