Saturday 20 February 2016

#36 'Little Jug' 4x4"

I have had the 'lurgy' the past few days, bad cold and cough with no painting. So it's good to get back to it today.
I like the shape of this little jug, reminds of something in the Dutch masters time - Vermeer, 'Girl with the Pearl Earring'.
I tried a different board today, no white primer, instead a clear primer to show the original colour of the canvas wrapped around the board. It was a joy to paint especially with the light colours it really showed up. This was one of those paintings that evolved it's self, with a little help from me!
You can see the raw canvas board showing part way through the painting.

1 comment:

  1. Like the creamy colours and touch of blue and even though there is no obvious surface that it is sitting on, somehow it looks grounded. I think you have achieved this through the direction of the brush strokes and tones.
    Sorry to hear you have been poorly, missed your paintings! :-(

    ReplyDelete