Friday 22 July 2016

#100 'View from my Studio Window' 5x7"


Yippee! I have reached number 100 daily paintings. I had big plans for my 100th picture but it turns out to be this little oil sketch I did from my studio. But still with the same thoughts - carefully observed from life, small and in one day.

If you are thinking of doing the 'almost daily painting challenge' I urge you to do it, even if you just do it for a month. I have committed to doing it for this year 2016 year. It has improved my painting skills, and I'm really enjoying the 'journey'. You get so much out of it.
Here's to the next 100 paintings!

6 comments:

  1. congratulations!☆ 🎨
    A small fitting example of what you have achieved in the past 7 months.
    I look forward to your next 100 paintings.😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Clare. Have seen every one, and evidently, as you have acknowledged, your skills have improved immeasurably. Your en plein air work is truly delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael, Thank you so much for following my work, and your lovely words about my plein air work, much appreciated, Clare

      Delete
  3. A wonderful achievement, Clare, what a milestone. Well done! It's inspiring to see how you've developed since January. Love this deceptively simple sketch which shows how skilful you're becoming at distilling a scene into blocks of tone/colour, leaving out enough for the viewer to have fun doing some work too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline, you and Ebbybow are right, it feels like I have achieved a lot over this past year, I hope I continue to do so! So lovely to have all your support :-)

      Delete