Tuesday 13 June 2017

#186 'Cherries in a Green Pot' 6x6"



I wanted to paint from life (not from a photo) while we were doing the Open Studios last weekend. My Mum kindly gave us some cherries to eat, they looked so good I painted them, and then ate them!
I enjoyed painting the cherries more than I thought I would, the rich shiny colours. I didn't know how it would turn out as it's different to painting a plein air landscape. Although I used some of the methods like blocking in and comparing one tone and colour next to another. 
Might try some more cherry paintings!

I am using an old iPad to blog this as I'm going on a painting trip to France on Sunday and was having a practise run to see if it works. It does! So I hope there is wifi in the hotel and then I can blog my painting adventures....


2 comments:

  1. Love the rich reds. Have a great trip! Looking forward to your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What luscious cherries! A very warm picture compared to the cherries on foil. Lovely translucency in the reds and lots of tone.

    ReplyDelete